Monday, January 5, 2009

Random







What else do you do on New Year's Day but sit in front of the TV and watch bowl games and eat cheese dip & chips?

Also, a few pics from Christmas.  I have many more but this blog thing didn't act like it was going to let me put anymore on here.  

There is a story for the last picture.  It follows: 

Today was a very unusual day for us.  It started raining this morning before the sun came up and by 9:00, it started freezing.  It continued to rain all day long and continued to freeze on the trees, grass and bushes but not the road.  At 12:30 our electricity flickered about 10 times, seriously.  Chase was just sitting on the kitchen floor being totally still watching the lights come on and go off.  When they remained off, he started to whimper.  I had to go pick Hunter up at school at 2:30 and the lights at his school were also off.  We came back home and as we were getting out of the car, I realized I didn't have a house key on my ring.  I couldn't open the garage door because of the power outage.  We had to drive all the way to the arena to get Jared's house key.  I didn't have my purse, driver's license, A PASSY or anything.  We got home and the power was still off.  It was getting cold in the house and it was kind of dark too.  I finally thought to put a DVD in the computer by the fire that I built for the 2 big kids.  We were just all sitting in the living room floor by the fire when Jared got home at 5:15.  It was just one of those days that you realize how thankful you are for things like electricity and heat.  Anyway, I also got out of cooking dinner so we went to Cracker Barrel for some breakfast.  Yay!  It was definitely a day out of the ordinary for us.  Oh yeah, and Buck got to lay on a nice, cozy couch out in the garage.  So, the last picture is of the kids in the dark, watching a movie.  


2 comments:

  1. I love the last picture.

    You can put more than 5 pictures in one post; you just can't do more than 5 at a time. After you upload the first 5, just click the add image icon again to add more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Buck came home.

    ReplyDelete