Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Can't Even Think Of A Good Title!

I am a little brain dead at the moment.  Thursday, my parents came down to give Avery her birthday present since they couldn't come for her party.  Friday, I had a follow-up appointment with the surgeon that repaired my hernia.  Saturday, we got the two big kids to Canaan's birthday party by noon and then left for the Arkansas basketball game at 1:00.  Got home from the game and left with the whole family to eat dinner.  Came home to a messy house and did as much picking up and preparing for a birthday party as I could without feeling like it was all going to be undone before the party.  Sunday, went to church, lunch and home to run around like a mad woman finishing everything up before our party guests arrived at 3:00.  Avery's birthday party was a crazy, loud, chaotic time with lots of kids and parents all talking and playing and laughing at the same time.  The party was done with at 4:27 and my house was pretty scary looking.  Now, at 9:27 pm, my kids are asleep, the kitchen is cleaned up and the trash is all neatly piled in and beside the trash can.  School begins tomorrow.  Along with gymnastics on Monday nights, Upward basketball practice on Tuesday afternoons, church on Wednesdays and work on Tues/Wed/Thurs.  The rat race resumes.  I am really going to enjoy my next 9 minutes before I go to bed!  (See?  Who possibly cares about any of that?)

Callie, I'll leave the tribute to Avery post to you.  You're WAY better at this than I am!

2 comments:

  1. Your "crazy" life matters to many of us! Especially the people that can't be in Little Rock to enjoy these crazy times! I hate that I missed the party! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I am so---excited that you have a blog! I enjoy reading and keeping up with your life..I feel the same way though, why would anyway care..but your close friends and family do! So--where are the pictures that you are going to post...no pressure!!! Ha! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete