Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break Begins!

We are going on a spring break trip this year! Just Jared and me, that is. The kids are at my parents house this week and we are off on a much-needed vacation. We chose New Orleans for some reason. I've never been so I am so very excited! We don't really have a schedule per se but we have several things in mind to do. My plan is to post every night when we come in from the day. Knowing me, it won't happen that way but I have to have goals.

Today, we got a late start. Jared had to go in to work since he had a board meeting to attend this afternoon. I took the kids to Batesville and dropped them off at my parents house. We left Little Rock around 5:30. Our plan was to drive all the way to Hammond, LA and spend the night in a cheap hotel. "Why Hammond?" you might ask. You won't believe this but there is a golf course here that Jared has wanted to play at for some time.(For those of you that care, it's a David Toms course.) About an hour into our trip, Jared suggested that I use his phone to book us a room for the night. 45!! minutes later we had a room reserved at the Best Western Inn and Suites in Hammond. Just by booking the room ahead of time on Expedia.com, we saved $30! True story. We finally arrived at 12:30 a.m., only to find out that they "had" to bump us up to a suite because all the regular rooms were taken. So, we paid $59+tax for a suite! I'd say it was a pretty good start to our trip.

Jared is heading out before 8 o'clock in the morning to go play golf and I have between now and then to decide if I'm going to go with him to ride in the cart and take pictures OR take him to the course and come back to the hotel and hang out for 3 hours till he's done.(I spotted a TJ Maxx across the street from our hotel on the way in!) Stay tuned tomorrow to find out what I decided to do and what fun we had when we arrived in New Orleans!

1 comment:

  1. I hope he at least gave you the same amount to spend shopping as he spent to play golf.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete