Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School Days





I realize that I really didn't deserve a hiatus since, according to my mother-in-law, I only have like 5 posts on my blog! However, I knew the summer was going to be hectic and I wouldn't have any time to waste on trying to upload pics and thinking of witty things to say. So, I have decided to start with the first day of school and work back into the summer. It'll take a few posts but I'll get caught up pretty quick.

So-I'll admit I was a little nervous about how Avery would do this year entering pre-k 4. Otter Creek Elementary, which is where Hunter goes, has a pre-k 4 program. It's great! The hours are the exact same as regular school hours. She'll be there from 7:30-2:20 just like the big kids. I was afraid she would freak out a little since she was being left there without parents or Chase. As usual, you can't predict how kids will react to situations. She did fine. She woke up this morning and said "I need to get dressed". Typical Avery lies in bed and whines for about 15 minutes before she actually gets up. She was ready to go before anyone else. She walked right into her room, I pointed out her desk with her name on it and she sat down and went to work building with the toys provided. She said "that's enough pictures!" Not one tear shed and she didn't even watch us as we left her classroom. Just like that. Hunter was the weepy one. As it turns out, he is more like Jared in that respect too. Jared had a hard time going to school in his early elementary years. He cried and in the 3rd grade, he took a family picture and taped it to his desk. Hunter hasn't asked to take a picture yet but he has cried every year on the first and second days. He is such a sweet boy and he is the one that always tells me that he isn't going to move out and get married. He's just going to live with us forever. We all know his viewpoint will change in a few years so for now I just say "ok, that's fine with me". I hate leaving him crying and I know he's embarrassed that he's crying in the 2nd grade but he just can't help it. The only picture I got of him in his class was from the doorway where he couldn't see me. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hunter might be fine and Avery might break down when she realizes that she has to go every day.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you girl. I am counting the hours now until 2:20! Missing my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we had the same idea today to get caught up on our blogs. I can't believe Hunter is in 2nd grade! Ruby and Avery have the same backpack. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete